Admin Assistant to Property Manager
Deca Property Management | Saint Louis, MO
We have an opening for an Admin Assistant on our Property Management team. This person is responsible for providing expert customer service to residents through support, facilitation, and execution of PM processes.
Manage all aspects of property management processes for designated units from a qualified applicant – to resident – to move out including the following tasks:
- Initial POC for all residents (answer/manage all resident portal comments, emails and voicemails)
- Attempt to address all resident issues – reach out to office supervisor if assistance is needed
- Lease enforcement
Qualified Applicant – Resident
- Call qualified applicant
- Go through the move in check list with qualified applicants
- Confirm hold fee is paid and notify staff and property owner via email when a property is rented
- Prep lease and other pertinent documents and doc u sign
- Keep the qualified applicant updated throughout the move in process
- Manage the Section 8 process for new residents. When the Section 8 inspection notice is received, they are given to the maintenance department who will manage the inspection process until it passes. Then the leasing department will complete the process.
- Schedule the move in inspections with the field managers
- Review all walkthrough reports
- Move resident into home
- Provide Resident with lock box code
- Send welcome video/email
- Prepare resident file for internal audit and turn file into the Office Supervisor
- Take ownership of new MI calls (do not pass onto maintenance if not happy with condition or issues are noticed)
- Run lease expiration reports and provide to the PMs for increases
- Send lease renewals for all properties monthly
- Track renewals and change system work
- Call and send notices to residents who do not respond to their renewals
- Section 8 renewals
- Send monthly Section 8 rent increase requests to all expiring Section 8 leases
- Send lease renewals to Section 8 residents when rent increase request is returned
- Manage all subsidized lease renewal packets
- Oversee resident balances
- Send late notices
- Follow collection process
- Send 3 day notices
- File and manage the eviction process to ensure that all steps are followed.
- Perform pre-move out process (follow checklist)
- Coordinate move out inspection
- Work with PM on closing statement and disbursement
- Data management (filing, scanning and uploading documents to PW software via owner or resident portals)
- Manage violations from residents, send letters as needed or requested
- Circuit breaker letter per request from resident
- Provide owners and residents with documents as requested (leases, rent rolls, statements etc)
- Assist the property managers as needed
- Recommend/suggest changes to policies and procedures to immediate Supervisor
- Develop ongoing working relationships with Residents
- Develop close working relationship with property management team (Property Manger and Field Rep)
- Develop working relationships and integrate with all staff
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a leasing/property management setting
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task/manage multiple projects
- Understand laws/statutes related to position
- Knowledge of & ability to follow procedures
This description is intended as a guide only. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of the incumbent’s supervisor.
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
Starting at $18.00 per hour
What People Are Saying About Us
Want to Learn More?
If you are an owner and you are interested in learning more about how Deca Property Management can help you, contact us today! The team is happy to talk to you about what it is like to partner with us.
If you are a future resident looking for a rental property, send us a message and we will help you find your dream home!
"*" indicates required fields
Deca Property Management was established in 1990 with the goal of providing high quality property management services in and around the St. Louis area. The family owned company saw a niche in the market and set out to be a different kind of company, one that put the needs of its owners and residents first.
To access the machine-readable files created and published by UnitedHealthcare, please click here.
9630 Gravois Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63123
Hours of Operations:
9:00 - 4:00 M-F
(Holiday hours vary)
Serving All of St. Louis, St. Louis County and surrounding areas.
Schedule a showing 24/7: