Deca Property Management | Saint Louis, MO
We have an opening for a Bookkeeper on at Deca Property Management. This person is responsible for processing and reconciling all rents/security deposits received and updating statements to owners/residents. Additional duties include overall management of the accounts payable system and dealing with owner/resident issues pertaining to accounting for residential, commercial and HOA’s.
Facilitate key aspects of accounting processes:
- Manage NSFs
- Accept and enter all rents and hold fees/deposits received
- Upload and process all vendor invoices
- Enter and pay all bills associated with properties managed including: utility, mortgage, insurance, work orders, and bills from vendors
- Approve utility bills/call utility companies if necessary
- Bill lawn care and snow removal
- Prepare invoices for owners and residents
- Perform journal entries
- Make frequent deposits into property management escrow account and condo accounts
- Accept, enter and manage all owner contributions
- Balance the various escrow account checkbooks and condo accounts daily
- Manage owner contributions and current balances owed from owners
- Reach out to all new owners and share video of how to read statements
- Assist owners/residents with online portal access and management
- Set up and enter in all owner payments on the last business day of each month
- Prepare monthly owner statements and owner draws
- Manage and process all closing security deposits
- Track closing statement balances and send to collections if needed, follow collection process
- Manage, process and maintain database for all existing and new vendors (ensure all records are obtained, such as workers comp, GL insurance & W9). Print the expired report monthly and call vendors to update records
- Track work on city properties (tax purposes)
- Manage and facilitate all 1099’s for both owners and vendors
- Maintain lease fee tracking report
- Perform bank deposits
- Reconcile credit card receipts with statements
- Sort mail and distribute
- Maintain lawn care and snow removal lists
- Reconcile electronic payments
- Run reports for owners upon request
- Complete NLM/Sold properties – deactivate
- Respond to emails and voicemails (direct line and accounting queue)
- Assist all residents, owners and prospective owners as needed
- Recommend/suggest changes to policies and procedures pertaining to accounting to immediate Supervisor
- Develop working relationships with property owners and residents
- Integrate with office staff
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an accounts receivable/payable setting preferred
- Associates/bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Ability to multi-task/manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of & ability to follow procedures
This description is intended as a guide only. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of the incumbent’s supervisor.
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
Starting at $18.00 per hour
PAY IS NEGOTIABLE – BASED ON EXPERIENCE
What People Are Saying About Us
Want to Learn More?
If you are an owner and you are interested in learning more about how Deca Property Management can help you, contact us today! The team is happy to talk to you about what it is like to partner with us.
If you are a future resident looking for a rental property, send us a message and we will help you find your dream home!
"*" indicates required fields
Deca Property Management was established in 1990 with the goal of providing high quality property management services in and around the St. Louis area. The family owned company saw a niche in the market and set out to be a different kind of company, one that put the needs of its owners and residents first.
To access the machine-readable files created and published by UnitedHealthcare, please click here.
9630 Gravois Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63123
Hours of Operations:
9:00 - 4:00 M-F
(Holiday hours vary)
Serving All of St. Louis, St. Louis County and surrounding areas.
Schedule a showing 24/7: